|Me:||Ok, so go ahead and write down the word 'car'.|
|Carson:||I don't know how.|
|Me:||Yes you do, just sound it out CARson.|
|Carson:||Ugh, I don't know how to spell it.|
|Me:||You spell it all of the time. It's transportation week, you all were just writing it yesterday! Ok, fine, how do you spell your name?|
|Me:||Good CARson! Now sound out CAR.|
|(starts whining now)|
|Carson:||I can't do it. I don't know hooooowww! It's too haaaarrrd!|
|Me:||Carson, you know how to spell your name, I KNOW you have spelled 'car' many times before, you can do it. No one in this world is better equipped to spell CAR than you, CARson.|
|I gave up and just explained it to him and he laughed and said he got it. I told him to write down the answer and later when I checked it, he had written his name in the blank.|
|Carson, it's car, son.|
Owen is the purple monster thing on the end. The last time Carson used purple I was the swampy girl from The Ring. He’s Tim Burton’s version of Harold and the Purple Crayon.
My small, yet first step towards organization for three. Target was out of the blue bowls which upset me so bad I had a nightmare about it but I’m really excited about color coding for each boy.
Bathroom stuff is next!
- I hate packing.
- This week was the one year anniversary of my cousin dying in the shoot out with a cop. Very confusing/mixed feelings there.
- Fought with my boss all week ending in an HR conference call. I think we’re going to start fresh and be ok though.
- All I can think about is my dr appt on Thursday. My test results in Feb were not good and dammit, I told them the spinal tap tests were indicative of this last year. Ugh! Lymphocytes can be such jerks.
- A lot is going on in my family and I’m not sure any of them know about the other’s issues. Seriously, shit is cray!
- My mom cycles who her favorite child is and I think it’s me for the time being. It’s a pretty unhealthy practice.
- I’m falling into the mother role with J. I try not to over compensate for him not being my son and treat him just like Carson and Owen while still making this a gradual transition for him.
- I don’t want to even think this, but I think Park has wanted a mother figure in J’s life and I wonder how much that affects his feelings for me. Regardless though, I love them both too much to even describe so how much would that matter?
- I saw Blackfish last night. I’m sad, disturbed, heart-broken. It was terrible.
- Park booked a trip to Sea World as a surprise and only told me before paying so I could check the kids’ schedule. How ironic?! That movie will forever haunt me.
- Painting kids’ new room this weekend and that damn blue tape mixed with low sugar caused a mini meltdown last night.
- My whole life gets a reset on Monday. New home, fresh start on job, can turn finances around. I’m still waiting for the bottom to fall out though.
#louisck #quotes #bored
15 1/2 months. I was an single mom/independent woman for 15 1/2 months supporting myself and now I’m moving in with Park and J.
I feel a little like a sell out.
This place was perfect for me as my transition. To be the one that ‘didn’t get the house’ (didn’t want it to begin with), this little apartment in the ‘bad part of town’ has been perfect. I loved living downtown and running to the river but I’m ready for the suburbs by the lake.
This was a pretty textbook transition period for a divorcee and I feel fortunate to have survived it. It’s been painful but I feel as strong as any other good cliche. I’ve had fun at times, but I’ve felt lonely.
I don’t want this. I want to be with him and our boys. I know it’s still fresh but we’ve opened this door. We’re not novices to parenting and our values on relationships, where we think our marriages failed, they’re the same.
I’m excited, not stressed. I feel like I get to start over and I’m in control with a better head on my shoulders. Whatever happens though, tumblr will always be the first to know.
I was super pissed this morning so I decided to go buy a ton of nail polish and be thirty minutes late to work.
The white squirrel Carson Etch a Sketched for me.
Snow, cabin fever, sex, movies, laundry, work, deadlines, traveling, earthquakes, disagreements, showers, lymphocytes, and chemicals.
It’s just been weird.